Baileys Blog Search
3rd June 2020
Plus 11 and dry when driving in..But looking like we might get some rain ..My do we need it
Walking round the fields last night it might have been early August or Spain. The grass is brown..Horses look well, but rain needed for the grass to thrive..
David Bass was in for most of the morning. DB rode out 3 horses..
Graham Potts our vet was also here.. rasping teeth..?
Mia White who comes 3 days a week to check on the horses backs was also here for her first visit since March..
Norman Carter called by to see his horse Diamond Gait.. Social distancing while walking up the gallops to watch DG canter.. Norman also walked through the fields to see his KBRP horse Voyburg.
Nick Cook was also passing and called in to see his KBRP horses Balleticon, Youneevercall and Hendra House who were also out at grass.
Peter Kerr was here all morning too.. Are we heading back to the good old days??
John Battershall sent me this BBC podcast from Test Match Special on Waleed Khan .. What an extraordinary young man.. Please, if you have a moment try and listen...
If not then This is his story.
You know you were living in 2020 when...
1. You accidentally enter your PIN on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
4.. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your mobile phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
8. Leaving the house without your mobile phone, which you didn't even have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
9. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
10. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
12 You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list
To finish.. Happy Birthday to Jonathan George Ruck Keene, Christopher Rathcreedan and Evelyn Nicholls..