Baileys Blog Search
10th March 2017
Plus 7 and dry when driving in.
Busy here this morning which is good at this time of year. Keeps the mind moving..
Tom Bellamy was here to ride out a couple of lots..
Second lot Brendan Barter and his mate Dave, Phil and Merlyn Burton, Barrie Rodgers, Tony and Della Hughes were all here for 'A morning on the gallops and breakfast' as booked through CD Tours.
Philip and Sandra Arkwright were also here second lot to see their string of racehorses. Texas Forever and Diva Reconce plus the two Racing For Maggies Charity horses Biscuit and Another Venture and their two KBRP horses Our Belle Amie and Chateau Robin.
Graham Potts our vet was in to look at a few.. Friday is now always a second visit day.
My fishing season should have started on the River Wye today but the water levels are too high and far too muddy to fish.. I will have to wait .. impatiently?
Remember Richard Farquhar and his great walking the courses charity.. You do then read on.. This is from Richard..
Would you like the chance to win a day for 14 people in a fabulous box at Ascot on a Saturday of the 2017/2018 National Hunt Season at a cost of just £20?
I am thrilled to announce the Walking The Courses Cheltenham tipping competition, with a fabulous prize, very kindly donated by Paul Roy.
The lucky winner will spend an afternoon in a private box at Ascot with spectacular views of the racing and in a premium position on the finishing line. Catering and wine also TO BE INCLUDED.
Entry to the competition cost £20 and every penny raised will be shared equally between Racing Welfare and Pancreatic Cancer UK.
The format of the competition is as follows:
1. If you wish to enter, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please transfer before noon on Tuesday March 14th the sum of £20 to our bank account, Weatherbys Bank, Sort Code 60-93-03 A/C No 00310832 A/C Name Walking The Courses. PLEASE PUT YOUR SURNAME AS A REFERENCE ON THE PAYMENT
3. Before racing begins on each of the 4 days please email to email@example.com 2 selections in any of that afternoon's races at Cheltenham. With your selections on day 1 please also state your estimate of the total winning distance make-up over all the races of the Festival expressed in lengths to the nearest quarter.
4. Returns will be calculated WIN ONLY at SP
5. Should no entries be received from an entrant on any day, they will be deemed losers for the purposes of the competition.
6. The winner will be the person whose 8 selections over the 4 days give the highest level stakes profit.
7. In the event of a tie, the winner will be the person whose estimate of the meeting's total winning distance is closest to the actual outcome. If you do not include your estimate with your day 1 selections you risk, in the event of a tie, missing out on the prize.
8. My decision is final!
Of all the bets you have next week, none surely will have a bigger potential return than this for just £20. A fully catered box for
14 in prime position at Ascot!
Please support Richard.. he has done so much for charity.
My pupil Assistant Jack Jones has organised a Thorndale Cheltenham Sweepstake.. Just for my staff..
£10 to enter and they have to pick one horse per race every day; 5 points for a winner, 3 for second place and 1 point for 3rd place, and the winners prize is not on the sheet... I wonder what it will be?.. Perhaps a night out with Jack.. Last time he did that he had to wake his house mate Ed Cookson up at 3am as he had lost his key..
Why older men never get hired..
Human Resources Manager: "What is your greatest weakness?"
Old Man : "Honesty."
Human Resources Manager: "I don't think honesty is a weakness."
Old Man : "I don't really give a shit what you think."