Baileys Blog Search
11th October 2017
Plus 12 and drizzling when driving in.
London last night for a school reunion.. Not something I do but anyway last night I did.
St Albyns in Rottingdean Sussex was the school; now gone and about to become a housing estate but last night I met fellow pupils who I last saw when I was 12/13.. Scary stuff, but in fact a most enjoyable night and fascinating to try and recognise and then find out what we have all done since..
Back to today..David Bass, Tom Bellamy, Nick and Ben Sutton were in this morning and we worked a few.. A video of the horses cantering and working can be seen here and a video of a few horses schooling can be seen here.
We also jumped Blazon and Billy Elliott.
Third lot we had visits from John and Susie Kottler and Emma Buchanan who were here to see their horse Sea Story, Rosemary Charrington and Gillian Atkinson to see their Racing For Maggies horses Another Venture and Biscuit and also Virginia Johnson.
I have an American friend, although we have never met
Kim Bailey is not the most common name.. well I don’t think so.. But there is a chap in American called Kim Bailey and his email address is info@kimbailey. and as a result he kindly forwards emails that have come to him rather than me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Many thanks Kim Bailey (who incidentally is a film maker).. We must meet but many thanks for your help and the decency for forwarding emails that come your way.. there were two yesterday!
Todays Racing Post headlines Sales clampdown ..
But moving on.. If you enjoy naming your horse here are some names that failed to pass the BHA name test and one that got through.. Click here to watch as it makes good viewing..
Date for the diary.. The Cotswold Team chase on October 29..Details click here
Thinking school reunions..Perks of reaching 60 or being over 60 And heading towards 70 or beyond!
1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
2. In a hostage situation,you are likely to be released first.
3. No one expects you to run -- anywhere.
4. People call at 9 PM (or 9 AM) and ask,'Did I wake you?
5. People no longer view youas a hypochondriac.
6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
7. Things you buy now won't wear out.
8. You can eat supper at 4 PM.
9... You can live without sex but not your glasses.
10. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
12. You quit trying to holyour stomach in no matter who walks into the room.
13. You sing along with elevator music.
14. Your eyes won't get much worse.
15.Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
16. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
17. Your secrets are safe with yourfriends because they can't remember them either.
18. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.
19. You can't remember who sent you this list.