Baileys Blog Search
12th January 2018
Plus 4 and dry when driving in. Foggy again..
Now that was a long lunch with Richard Sheppard and John Webber..Not sure I can recall which race Robin The Raven was going to win at Cheltenham.. Mat, who was also a player yesterday thinks we are avoiding the meeting altogether..
Racehorse ownership should always be fun and yesterday was all part of that package and one that both John and Richard and we all enjoy.. don’t forget through their company Colliers they also sponsor races at Warwick on an annual basis.. yes they love their racing.
No jockeys here this morning although Alex Gidman was here for a first visit to Thorndale.
So Matt Chapman has lost his job after one episode of Dancing On Ice. Personably I am sorry as I am a huge fan of Matt’s.. Many will gloat but racing again misses out as his style I am sure would have won many over. Matt will dust himself off and get back to doing what he is good at.
Here are a few useful teachings.
1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me for the path is narrow. In fact, just piss off and leave me alone.
2. Sex is like air. It's not that important unless you aren't getting any.
3. No one is listening until you fart.
4. Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else.
5. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
6. If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.
7. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
8.. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
9. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
10. If you lend someone 20 dollars and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.
11. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
12. Some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree.
13. Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
14. Good judgment comes from bad experience ... and most of that comes from bad judgment.
15. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
16. There are two excellent theories for arguing with women. Neither one works.
17. Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.
18. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.