Baileys Blog Search
13th December 2016
Plus 7 foggy and raining when driving in.
Glenforde and The Milan gelding had an away day this morning.
Keith Ellis was here third lot to see his horse Abbreviate work and jump.. Abbreviate is due to run at Ascot on Friday.
Graham Potts our vet is away so John Campbell was in this morning to look at a few..
This weeks movers in the BHA weekly handicap charts are..
Aliandy up 2 to 117, Milord up 2 to 119, Desaray enters at 117, Milan Express enters at 104, My Cousin Rachel enters at 97 while Un Ace goes down 3 to 137.
Bill Sykes also sadly passed away over the weekend. Bill was married to the well known Shropshire trainer Pam and was also the father in law to trainer David Loder.
Christmas.. I was seen shopping yesterday afternoon.. my one day of trying.
Mathew Delahooke saw me coming out of one well known high street shop which surprised him. No it was not Martins (sorry Mrs B) but Wilko's.. Have to support my owners..The Cool Silk Partnership... Luckily Mathew missed me leaving Poundland.. laiden..
Talking Christmas presents..
We have one share left in the Racing For Maggies Charity Partnership..
If you are looking for that different sort of Christmas present why not buy a share in two horses for 18 months and support a great charity in the process.. The two horses are Biscuit and the progressive Another Venture.. It is a fun partnership of 24 happy people at the moment.. make it 25 and you too can have fun.
On that note can I thank Linda and Patrick Birkbeck for their kind donation to the Charity. Patrick runs the House of Bruar and however much his wife Sophie would love to be involved, 50 miles north of Perth is a long visit to see the horses run. Their generousity is hugely appreciated by Maggies Cancer Care Homes..
We have one runner today at Wincanton. Grand March and David Bass meet up in the 2.40 at Wincanton and for my thoughts on their chances please click here.
Archie returned home.. End of his term in France and home with a broken collar bone...
A further 10 teachings for a Tuesday morning..
11. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
12. Some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree.
13. Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
14. Good judgement comes from bad experience .. and most of that comes from bad judgement.
15. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
16. There are two excellent theories for arguing with women. Neither one works.
17. Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are moving.
18. Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
19. We are born naked, wet and hungry, and get slapped on our arse - then things just keep getting worse.
20. Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.