Baileys Blog Search
14th December 2018
Minus 4 and dry when driving in.
We were delighted with Hes No Trouble’s run at Warwick yesterday.. The ground would have been quick enough for him as he prefers soft ground.
He looked all over the winner turning for home and then slightly ran out of puff.. There will be plenty of improvement and he looks a good sort for The Jockey Clubs South West Racing Syndicate.
There was a big turn out yesterday to see their first runner.. a fun day and a good one.
Warwick suffered from an invasion of travellers which resulted in the owners and trainers car park being closed off… It was full of caravans and smart cars.. mostly white.. not sure why white should be the preferred vehicle colour for travellers; anyway they were clean and smarter than most of my owners cars...
Back from Warwick to Cheltenham to look at the Tattersall’s sales horses.. tonight they sell after racing.
Friday of a Cheltenham meeting is always busy and today was no exception.
David Bass was in for a couple off lots.. David has his concussion test this afternoon to see if he can ride tomorrow..
Darren Smith brought along Martin Elton to see his KBRP horses Vinndication and Arthur’s Sixpence.
Mark and Marion Hudson and son Chip were here to see their KBRP horse Bandon Roc and Espoir De Romay
Peter Bennet-Jones was here to see his Prince Llywellyn and his Racing For Maggies horse Another Venture
Rolf Johnson who runs Highclere Thoroughbreds was here to see their horse Alfie Corbitt.
Steve Adams was here to see his KBRP horses Pond Road and Silver Kayf
All the above stayed for breakfast and were joined by Thomas Montgomery and Chris Sutton who were here for 'a morning on the gallops and breakfast' .. A Maggie’s Charity auction winner
Third lot Steve Jaggard was here to see his KBRP horse Lord Apparelli
And then finally 20 members of Hot To Trot Racing were here to see their horse Early Learner..
Exhausting!! We have no runners today..
We are refurbishing the round sand gallop.. more sand and some has blown away in the hot summer..
Maybe you have heard that a lot of radio stations, etc have decided to pull “Baby it’s Cold Outside” from their playlist this year because someone was offended, citing unwanted and inappropriate advances by the male singing the song.
I feel that these other holiday songs must also be removed as they are offensive as well.
1. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus: subjecting minors to softcore porn
2. The Christmas Song: Open fire? Pollution. Folks dressed up like Eskimos? Cultural appropriation
3. Holly Jolly Christmas: Kiss her once for me? Unwanted advances
4. White Christmas? Racist
5. Santa Claus is Coming to Town: Sees you when you’re sleeping? Knows when you’re awake? Peeping Tom stalker
6. Most Wonderful Time of the Year: Everyone telling you be of good cheer? Forced to hide depression
7. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: Bullying
8. It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas: Forced gender-specific gifts: dolls for Janice and Jen and boots and pistols (GUNS!) for Barney and Ben
To finish Happy Birthday to my longest serving member of staff.. Liam Higgins.. Higgs.