Baileys Blog Search
10th September 2015
Plus 8 and dry when driving in.
I cannot say that my last couple of days racing have been the best.
Yesterday at Uttoxeter Trojan Star ran OK while Kings Opus was going well and then he was suddenly pulled up; it was found that he had displaced the tendon off his near hind hock. Although not life threatening it is probably the end of his racing career.
I feel so sorry for David and Julie Martin who have been so patient with this lovely horse.
KO has had all sorts of problems with his heart and we had finally sorted all that (with the help of Celia Marr). Yesterday was going to be his big test to see if he still was capable of winning races. He was and this happened. The poor horse did not deserve this.
I know he will be well looked after and he will not want for the anything but at the end of the day Kings Opus is/was a racehorse.
It has not been a good week for The Martin's as they lost their good flat horse Salt Island when he broke a leg on the gallops in Lambourn last week.
To make the day worse for us, Savant Bleu, whose owners had been equally patient, had to be put down yesterday as he suffered a catastrophic tendon injury.
SB will be much missed as he was star for us and his owners. Carol Bailey, Vince Burmingham, Margaret Carnell, James Chamberlain, Gerard Clinton, Jim Gordon, David Price, Mel Pyman, Sue Tagg, Denis McCarthy and Tony Kelly
SB ran 21 times, winning 6 and was placed a further 5 times. His most exciting win came in the rerrouted Royal Artillary Gold Cup at Wincanton 18 months ago.
AP McCoy back with a winner yesterday at Doncaster.. It was as if he had never been away.. He looked 10 years younger.. Retirement must be good for him.
Today or rather this morning we took Ballyknock Lad (David Bass) Abbreviate (Jason Maguire) Gold Man (Ed Cookson) and By The Boardwalk (Richie McLernon) to a very foggy Lambourn.Mentioning BTBW, happy birthday to his owner John Perriss.
Dave Rusher was here third lot to see the Black Sam Bellamy filly canter and Peter Kerr was here too. We have 4 shares left in the exciting filly. Click here to see..
Archie went back to school today..
Most of our generation were HOME SCHOOLED in many ways. I am sure you realise that my education was not brilliant!
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE. "If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."
2. My mother taught me RELIGION. "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
3. My father taught me about TIME TRAVEL. "If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock You into the middle of next week!"
4. My father taught me LOGIC. "Because I said so, that's why."
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC. "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, You're not going to the shop with me."
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT. "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case You're in an accident."
7. My father taught me IRONY. "Keep crying, And I'll give you something to cry about."
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS . "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM. "Just you look at that dirt on the back of your neck?"
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA. "You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
To Finish..Neighbourhood Watch alert..
Please keep any eye out for a small red estate car, maybe a Subaru Forester 4x4 with three to four males in the car; at present we have no vehicle registration number.
This car has now been seen a number of times over the last week parked up and hanging around Farms in the Andoverford area.If seen please try and get a vehicle registration number and dial 101 to pass on the information. Thank you for your continued support. Regards PCSO Brian Stagg.