Baileys Blog Search
21st January 2016
0 degrees when driving in. Yes it is warming up.
Conditional jockey Conor Shoemark was in for a couple of lots..
I am in London all day.
Never one of my favourite pastimes but my annual meeting with Ian Hewitt, my accountant, and others. I am letting the train take the strain..
Thursday is our easy day with the horses.
We had hoped to have had a runner at Ludlow this afternoon but that was cancelled early this morning.
Simon Sherwood, who was a jockey/trainer and is now Clerk Of The Course at Ludlow understands the value of an early decision.
Graham Potts our vet was in for his weekly visit. Graham has been away for a couple of days so it was good to see him back looking so refreshed..
5 Pearls of Scottish Wisdom
1. Money cannot buy happiness but somehow, it’s more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than on a bicycle.
2. Forgive your enemy but remember the bastard’s name.
3. Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when he is in trouble again.
4. Many people are alive only because it’s illegal to shoot them.
5. Alcohol does not solve any problem, but then neither does milk