Baileys Blog Search
22nd December 2015
Plus 11, dry and blowing a gale when waking in Farthinghoe..
Feeling 'rough' after staying the night with my sister and my brother in law.. Pete and Moo...Early Christmas celebrations?
Celebrations? Not with Mollys A Diva who certainly did not enjoy Lingfield yesterday.. It was bottomless.. As Anthony Honeyball said.. There is Ffos Las heavy, and then there is Lingfield heavy..
Molly's career is now at a turning point. Molly has won many races and is a listed winner to boot. She is rated 141 over hurdles and frankly there are not any races for her from now on, especially while she has such a high handicap rating. Time for breeding? Discussions will take place with her owner John Perriss..
We all get older and wiser and Molly really does not fancy fences..
Alan Lee's obituary by Alastair Down was superb.. respect for a fellow jouranlist; he so summed up Alan. I am still shocked by his death.
Jockey Tom Bellamy was in for a couple of lots this morning.
Douglas and Sylvia Wilks called in third lot to see their KBRP horses Ascotdeux Nellerie and the grey Kayf Tara gelding who should be named this week..An early Christmas present for him?
Graham Potts our vet was in for his weekly visit this morning
This weeks movers and shakers in the handicap charts are....Charbel up 5 to 137, Crazy Jack down 1 to 122, Gallery Exhibition down 1 to 138 and Thedrinkymeister down 5 to 117.
BBC and SPOTY.. Probably next year there wont be one.. Perhaps we will have ITV SPOTY ..at least they deserve to have a programme all about sport; they at least show sport on their channel.. I can bet your bottom dollar (not a great expression) that Wimbledon will be gone shortly as will most of the other sports that BBC currently cover.
BBC..SPORT.. DISGRACEFUL. at least two of those words go well together?
Five undeniable facts..
1. A wise person once said: ‘We all love to spend money buying new clothes but we never realize that the best moments in life are enjoyed without clothes.’
2. Having a cold drink on a hot day with a few friends is nice, but having a hot friend on a cold night after a few drinks is PRICELESS.
3. Breaking News: Condoms don't guarantee safe sex anymore. A friend of mine was wearing one when he was shot dead by the woman's husband.
4. Arguing over a girl's bust size is like choosing between Fosters, Heineken, Carlsberg, & Budweiser. Men may state their preferences, but will grab whatever is available.
5. I haven't verified this on Google, but it sounds legit.....
A recent study found that women who carry a little extra weight live longer than the men who mention it