Baileys Blog Search
26th December 2017
Plus 2 and dry when driving in.
It was certainly not dry last night as we had a huge amount of rain and many local roads were flooded..
Well that’s Christmas Day over for another year. We had a great one as I am sure and hope you all did too.
Church yesterday morning followed by lunch and supper with Clare's parents who now live just down the road. Chats with son Harry who was heading to the MCG to watch the Ashes Test and daughter Pandora who was husband to be James Lovett. A fun day had by all...
The staff party was a success and the German singing was interesting, as was the amount of alcohol taken..Yes a beer vault is a good way to spend a night.. no Lederhosen on show, bar from the band..Not sure I have the right shaped legs for leather shorts! Whatever there were sore heads on Sunday morning..
Boxing Day is always a very busy one and there is some fabulous racing around the country..we have five runners at Huntingdon. Laval Noir, Dandy Dan, Trojan Star, Diamond Gait and Commodore Barry and for my thoughts on all their chances please click here.
I am sure we all 'pulled' a few crackers yesterday and some of the jokes that popped out were memorable?
Here are a few that we saw..
1. What does Santa suffer from if he gets stuck in a chimney?
2. I can't get to the chocolates in my advent calendar.
3. Why is Bob Dylan's sleigh so quiet?
Because it has Nobel.
4. Why does Santa have three gardens?
So he can 'ho ho ho'!
5. Knock, knock
Arthur any mince pies left?
6. How did Scrooge win the football game??
The ghost of Christmas passed.
7. How does Good King Wenceslas like his pizzas??
One that's deep pan, crisp and even.
8. What's the most popular Christmas wine??
'I don't like Brussels sprouts!'
9. What do you call a bunch of chess players bragging about their games in a hotel lobby?
Chess nuts boasting in an open foyer...
10. Why did no one bid for Rudolph and Blitzen on eBay?
Because they were two deer!
11. How did Mary and Joseph know that Jesus was 7lb 6oz when he was born?
They had a weigh in a manger!
12. What goes "Oh, Oh, Oh"?
Santa walking backwards
13. What did Adam say the day before Christmas?
It’s Christmas Eve.
14. What did the fish say when it swam into a wall?
15. What’s round and bad tempered?
A vicious circle.
16. On which side do chickens have the most feathers?