Baileys Blog Search
27th June 2016
Plus 14 and damp when driving in.
Back home after a week away.
A week when it is hard to believe so much has changed..
I saw the odd English paper although it was hard to find time to read them..
Yes it was a long week of night clubs (all nighters), the Summer solstice and the Remain Campaign were 10 to one on to win the EU referendum... Yes those were the facts, but which one actually happened?
We flew back into a green country on Saturday afternoon in time to watch Sunblazer run in the Northumberland Plate at Newcastle.
Sunblazer finished down the field, he needs to come down to a respectable ratings level to compete in these big summer handicaps.. Winning 4 races on the all weather during the winter is a very different proposition from running in these big races. He will have his day again, when he drops a few pounds..
Norman Carter predictably found the hospitality at Newcastle slightly different from Royal Ascot where his horse had run the week before..
No hay seems to have been made while I was away and my lawn was overgrown. The weather failed to dampen the excellent party Nicholas and Cherry Jones held for their friends from in and out of racing on Saturday night. The perfect way to finish a long week?
Always good to see Mat’s face with a smile on it when I walked back into the yard.. The smile means nothing has gone wrong while I was away. The yard is now being readied for the return of some of its inmates this week; we will be gradually bringing a few horses back although most of those who are turned out here will return the week starting July 11.
Mat and I wandered around the horses who are turned out here in Andoversford and some look great and some poor things have struggled with the weather..rain..again.
Our all weather gallop is being refurbished this week.
Every year it needs some sort of maintenance and this year we are cleaning the base by taking the surface off, power washing the tarmac base before relaying and mixing in a further two inches of new material; we will also be increasing the size of the two turning circles.
Ian Reid sent me some well need advice on being the oldest clubber in Ibiza last week..Last weeks topical music ?!!
I felt I needed to share it with you...
Lovemaking Tips For Seniors
1. Wear your glasses to make sure your partner is actually in the bed.
2. Set timer for 3 minutes, in case you doze off in the middle.
3. Set the mood with lighting. (Turn them ALL OFF!)
4. Make sure you put 911 on your speed dial before you begin.
5. Write partner's name on your hand in case you can't remember..
6. Use extra polygrip so your teeth don't end up under the bed.
7. Have oxygen ready in case you actually complete the act.
8. Make all the noise you want....the neighbours are deaf, too.
9. If it works, call everyone you know with the good news!!
10. Don't even think about trying it twice
And finally and far more importantly happy birthday to my daughter Pandora...