Baileys Blog Search
1st July 2019
Plus 13 and dry when driving in.
Another new month...
What a great weekend. Weather on Saturday was certainly hot although not as hot as some of the places in Europe where my mates were staying. Lucky not to be here..Freakish weather
Cherry Jones called in yesterday. There was much talk of having Francois Doumen to stay and how well her horse Inca Rose looks.. IR will be back here shortly.
England won a great game of cricket yesterday against India..it was needed.. one more win against NZ will see them into the next round..
Wimbledon starts today and I know many who will be glued to their TV sets for the next couple of weeks..
Many of my staff are back from their holiday and we welcome back George Saville who returns to the yard as head lad.
Some of our horses start coming back in this morning..more over the next 10 days or so. Yes it is back to work and time to start thinking of rain and mud!!?
Robin Gow here this morning.
Robin heads the BHA yard inspection team and he is here to do his assessment of my facilities and records. It is an expected visit and one that is required by the BHA when it comes to licencing stable yards.. Checking we are doing the right things….
Richard and his team are excellent at their job and you only have to ask my owners as they will certainly agree.. it is personal service.. something slightly old fashioned..
Humour for smart people!
The Washington Post's Mensa Invitational once again invited readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition.
Here are the winners:
1. Cashtration (n.): The act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
2. Ignoranus: A person who's both stupid and an asshole.
3. Intaxicaton: Euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realise it was your money to start with.
4. Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.
5. Bozone ( n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
6. Foreploy: Any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting laid.