Baileys Blog Search
8th September 2018
Plus 9 and drizzling when driving in.
David Bass and Tom Bellamy were in this morning for a couple of lots
We worked Fubar, Commodore Barry, By The Boardwalk, Cresswell Legend, Sunblazer, El Presente, Early Learner and Wandrin Star.
This is probably the last Saturday when we have no owners or visitors.. It all seems rather quiet, but hey it wont be for long..
The big racing news is that Enable, who won last years Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe runs for the first time at Kempton this afternoon. Enable suffered from a knee problem in the spring which has kept her off the track.. It could so easily been a early retirement decision so it is a brave shout to continue with this wonderfully filly.
I don’t hark on the past, but thanks for all the messages; yes we will miss TLS.
Cricket.. Alastair Cook tried to hit a century but fell short on 71.. It was still a fine innings and the biggest of the day.. He is the only opening batsman to score over 50 in the series.
Five undeniable observations for the weekend..
1. A girl is said to be grown up when she starts wearing a bra.
A boy is grown up when he starts removing it.
2. We all love to spend money buying new clothes but we never realize that the best moments in life are enjoyed without clothes.
3. Having a cold drink on hot day with a few friends is nice, but having a hot friend on a cold night after a few drinks - PRICELESS.
4. Breaking News: Condoms don't guarantee safe sex anymore.
A friend of mine was wearing one when he was shot dead by the woman's husband.
5. Arguing over a girl's bust size is like choosing between Peroni, Heineken, Fosters and Budweiser. Men may state their preferences, but will grab whatever is available.
On that happy note have a great weeklend and see you on Monday.