Baileys Blog Search
16th September 2016
Plus 6 and dry when driving in.
Jockeys David Bass and Tom Bellamy were in this morning.. Yes Saturday is a work morning and we are ramping up the horses work load. Many working. We also jumped Abbreviate and Champion Chase over fences
Our first visit of the winter from CD Tours.. Lesley and Graham Leech and Paul Turner were all here for 'A morning on the gallops followed by breakfast'.... I hope they enjoyed their morning..sadly Les Hartridge and Ron North failed to make it...a footnote..I am glad to see that my web site is more upto date than CD Tours's...
John and Seve Benson were here third lot to see their KBRP horses Vinndication, Our Belle Amie, Chateau Robin and Silver Kayf.
Jonathan Herbert, who used to work for the Gloucester Echo was here fourth lot to see his KBRP horse Kayf Storm.
Early this morning Winx did it again.. The Australian super mare made it 20 wins on the trot.
A new horse to the yard..Imperial Aura.. Our first horse for Imperial Racing arrives from Ireland tomorrow; Imperial Aura has been pre trained by Kevin Ross. Ian Robinson who set up and runs Imperial Racing is best know for owning, through Friends of the North, the famous Gold Gup winner Imperial Commander.
The front page of todays Racing Post..Not sure A.O'B would approve.. thankfully it is not Movember...?
Essex did win the Specsavers County Championship yesterday..Well done them .. Talking cricket a T20 blast tonight at Durham.. England v West Indies.. Winter woollies required to watch live I fear.. Will it be the coldest series on record?
John Sweeney sent these over..
12 of the finest (unintentional) double-entendres ever aired on British TV and radio
1. Ted Walsh - Horse Racing Commentator - 'This is really a lovely horse. I once rode her mother.'
2. New Zealand Rugby Commentator - 'Andrew Mehrtens loves it when Daryl Gibson comes inside of him.'
3. Pat Glenn, weightlifting commentator - 'And this is Gregoriava from Bulgaria . I saw her snatch this morning and it was amazing!'
4. Harry Carpenter at the Oxford-Cambridge boat race 1977 - 'Ah, isn't that nice.. The wife of the Cambridge President is kissing the Cox of the Oxford crew..'
5. US PGA Commentator - 'One of the reasons Arnie (Arnold Palmer) is playing so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them ..... Oh my god !! What have I just said??'
6. Carenza Lewis about finding food in the Middle Ages on 'Time Team Live' said: 'You'd eat beaver if you could get it.'
7. A female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have snowed and didn't, turned to the weatherman and asked, 'So Bob, where's that eight inches you promised me last night?' Not only did HE have to leave the set, but half the crew did too, because they were laughing so hard!
8. Steve Ryder covering the US Masters: 'Ballesteros felt much better today after a 69 yesterday.'
9. Clair Frisby talking about a jumbo hot dog on Look North said: 'There's nothing like a big hot sausage inside you on a cold night like this.. '
10 Mike Hallett discussing missed snooker shots on Sky Sports: 'Stephen Hendry jumps on Steve Davis's misses every chance he gets.'
11. Michael Buerk on watching Philippa Forrester cuddle up to a male astronomer for warmth during BBC1's UK eclipse coverage remarked: 'They seem cold out there, they're rubbing each other and he's only come in his shorts.'
12. Ken Brown commentating on golfer Nick Faldo and his caddie Fanny Sunneson lining-up shots at the Scottish Open: 'Some weeks Nick likes to use Fanny, other weeks he prefers to do it by himself.'